Join the Fight Against CancerLocation: Houston AreaTravel: 10% Travel to company site for implementation assistance and training opportunitiesRole Type: Full Time
Backed by the strength of a Fortune 9 company (McKesson Corporation), Ontada develops technologies used by the oncology community to deliver evidence-based, personalized care, as well as insights used by biopharma companies to accelerate drug development and support the entire treatment journey. We help Oncology providers make data-driven decisions, so patients have the best treatment options. Together with our partners, we are fighting against cancer and changing the lives of cancer patients.
How You can Make an Impact
As the Patient Technology Support Representative, you are the first point of contact for patients, clinicians, and technology teams, to deliver patient portal and electronic health record application support. Representatives must act quickly to analyze incidents and determine if a solution is available, or, escalate to the appropriate point of contact. They may implement work-around solutions while providing progress updates. Representatives must note all details, including observations, diagnoses, and action steps within a ticketing system.
- Provide world-class, "white-glove", customer service experiences in a call center environment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of patient centered oncology care, patient portal workflows, and how Ontada Technology Solutions support these
- Providing first line technical support to Technology Solutions customers and their patients
- Assist internal and external customers by phone, email, chat and/or using a ticket management system
- Create a ticket for each call or update existing ticket for customer follow-up
- Quickly and accurately determine incident scope and impact
- Document all incident details including a thorough description, steps taken to troubleshoot, record type classification, and escalation of issues to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams
- Leverage knowledge base, help menu and other tools to support customers in a consistent manner
- Follow up on incidents with customers and internal teams until the incident is resolved
- Maintain key performance indicators including, but not limited to, availability, timeliness to answer, timeliness to resolve, quality interaction and customer satisfaction
- Support applications on various OS and Devices - computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones
- Drive collaboration across internal and external customer service teams including practice IT, vendors, and other escalation points until the incident is resolved
- Facilitate troubleshooting of application issues and contribute to the creation of easy-to-follow knowledge base articles on findings
- Develop an awareness on how the patient portal integrates with other healthcare technology solutions
What You'll Need:
- Highschool Diploma
- Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Remain graceful and tactful under pressure, demonstrating patience, composure, and professionalism
- Superior attention to detail and ability to prioritize incidents in a fast-paced environment, ensuring adherence to all deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills, executing responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Experience using, implementing, or supporting clinical workflow in Patient Portal applications and other clinical systems
- Typing speed of 60+ WPM
- Provide first line support for patient portal technology access issues or requests
- Deliver support assistance by phone, email, chat, and/or using a ticket management system
- Escalate critical incidents
- Bilingual English / Spanish, complete comprehension, literacy, and fluency in both languages
- High Energy and self-motivated to produce quality solutions
- In-the-field patient care experience highly desired
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That's why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.Our Base Pay Range for this position$16.47 - $27.45
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.