The Biologics by McKesson Fort Worth location is the newest location that provides redundancy and superior service by dispensing specialty medications to our customers with the highest quality on time. We are looking for talented, experienced Technicians that are ready to join our fulfillment team with the opportunity to grow within a progressive organization.
The Associate Pharmacy Fulfillment Technician will be responsible for performing activities and functions in accordance with policies, procedures and state board of pharmacy regulations which assist in the accurate dispensing of critical oncology and rare disease therapies to our patients. A list of essential duties and responsibilities, although not all inclusive, are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately pick, count and label medications/supplies accurately so that patients receive the correct therapy regimen in their medication order the first time, every time
- Efficiently and accurately package and ship verified medication, supplies, and essential patient information materials
- Perform and record daily-weekly-monthly checklist duties to ensure compliance and avoid interruptions of our operations
- Record drug storage conditions / excursions
- Monthly checks for medications and supplies expiration dates
- Receive, document, and stock multiple drugs, supplies orders per SOP standards
- Perform daily, monthly, and annual drug and supply inventory counts
- Update computer inventory and purchasing records per policy and procedures
- Assist other team members as needed to ensure success
- Proper handling of biohazard materials per OSHA guidelines
- Assist the distribution team in providing all required documentation and accurate information to ensure proper shipments to the patient
- Prepares medications for shipment to ensure integrity, sterility, and stability of drugs and supplies
- Follows all designated checklists supplied with an attention to detail
- Coordinates the dissemination of information to patients (regarding holiday closings and unscheduled closings) via package inserts as approved by manager
- Reviews shipping manifests daily to confirm delivery address and delivery times
- Works closely with Pharmacy team to answer order related questions, escalate potential issues, or revise package shipping details
- Reconciles shipping supply packing slips with invoices and forwards to manager with appropriate notations
- Reconciles carrier invoices with shipping manifest for accuracy in billing
- Provides weekly shipping abstracts and usage reports to supervisor
- Restock pharmacy medication, supplies, and rotate ice pack, coolers
- Resets shipping room at the end of each day (prepare for the next business day)
- Maintains and keeps clean the packing area and pharmacy by disinfecting countertops, vacuuming
- Maintains orderliness in storage room and offsite storage unit
- Responsible for locking and securing pharmacy, storage room, study drug area, and packing room at the end of each business day
- Handles discarding of trash and cardboard and coordinates emptying times with contractor
- Ability to lift, move, and manipulate boxes, packages weighing approximately 25 pounds
- Perform other duties as assigned
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- 0-1 years of Pharmacy Technician experience
- Current Certified Pharmacy Technician registered and in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy
- Maintain registration with Board of Pharmacy and all requirements necessary.
- Detail oriented and a history of accuracy and efficiency preparing prescriptions.
- Effective communicator and ability to work with other people/groups
- Excellent attendance record
- Multi-task oriented, flexible, and adaptable
- Ability to move, lift, or manipulate packages that can weigh up to 25 pounds
- Willing to work morning and/or afternoon shift
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Competent in basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, ...)
- Oncology drug familiarity
- Experience working in Mail Service or Specialty pharmacy dispensing
- Innovative and willingness to learn, create new processes that improve upon our commitment to our customers
- Understand quality control methods and techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a pharmacy in compliance, audit readiness
Career Level - IC - Business Support - B1
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That's why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.Our Base Pay Range for this position$15.33 - $25.55
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.