The Business Development Specialist is responsible for pursuing and generating new business leads, identifying points of contacts within prospective customers, and securing appointments with viable customers. This position conducts research to identify prospective customers, utilizes written communication to access organizations, and assertively pursues leads to secure initial contact and establish relationships with new customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLIES include the following and all other duties assigned:
- Identify potential customers using prospecting databases, social media, networking, and other methods.
- Develop and distribute marketing content to potential customers, introducing company products, capabilities, and services.
- Vigorously pursue appointments with viable prospects and customers.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to drive new opportunities and coordinate initial customer contacts and meetings.
- Stay steadfast and overcome objections to set initial appointments and move prospects through the sales cycle.
- Operate in a consistent manner that builds company brand awareness.
- Generate and maintain robust pipeline by consistently adding new prospects to the pipeline and driving consistent movement of prospects through the sales stages.
- Assist national sales team in the development of customer presentations.
- Prepare monthly customer status update reports and present to Senior Business Leadership.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of the competitive environment and other market conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Pursing a Degree in Marketing, Supply Chain, and Business related field.
- High standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Effective persuasive skills and ability to overcome objections
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in German, a plus.
Wurth Industry North America Key facts:
- 110+ locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- More than 2,600 employees
- More than 420,000 standard parts
- Part of the Wurth Group, $15B+, which operates over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has more than 79,000 employees
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
- LinkedIn -
- Facebook -
- YouTube -
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.