FuturePlan is the nation's largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry's largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
Being an actuary requires a unique blend of aptitude for detail-oriented analysis, high-level problem solving, and healthy communication skills.
At FuturePlan by Ascensus, we consult on Defined Benefit and Healthcare plans. Both require a great deal of effort and knowledge to administer. Each plan is unique and can have thousands of participants, each with individual data and needs.
Ascensus is dedicated to maximizing the potential of our greatest asset - our employees. Our summer internship program is designed to allow you to experience your prospective career path. You will be involved in the same projects as our actuaries. You will learn actuarial techniques, how to best communicate your work to others, how to research various issues related to the industry, and other skills needed to begin a successful actuarial career.
***This internship is for the summer of 2023. This position can be 100% remote***
Resumes will be reviewed in October
- Develop a strong understanding of benefit plan operations across a variety of clients and designs
- Apply analytical skills to prepare and review individual benefit calculations
- Organize and analyze participant data, checking for inconsistencies and identifying next steps
- Learn to interpret plan documents - a legal document which governs the administration of the plan
- Assist with special projects, such as plan terminations, lump sum windows, and software conversions
- Analyze and improve internal processes and procedures to increase accuracy, consistency, and efficiency
- Consult with clients regarding benefit administration, including regulations, plan documents, data, and calculations
Ascensus's paid Internship Program includes SOA exam fees and materials.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Actuarial Science
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Strong mathematics skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically by innovating, initiating and understanding how one's work connects to others. Ability to plan and prioritize work towards the achievement of personal and corporate objectives.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships.
- Society of Actuaries (SOA) examinations success preferred, but not required
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity-housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Status").