Accounting Intern Job Description:
Date Posted on Web: 08/14/2019
Acara Solutions is hiring a Accounting Intern direct hire for our customer in City of Commerce, CA.
The Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about ERP system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Prepares daily financial flash and operations dashboard, analyzing sales, gross margins, productivity, work order variances, scrap and key spending categories.
- Performs cost rolls and production cost quote calculations to help secure new business. Assists Controller in determining labor, material and overhead rates for inventory revaluation and maintains standard rates in the ERP system.
- Participates in month-end close, preparing entries and performing reconciliations for inventory, fixed and intangible assets. Reconciles sub-ledger data to the general ledger and assists Controller with establishing inventory reserves.
- Provides technical support regarding job cost variances, comparing actual costs to standards for labor, material and overhead cost categories.
- Assist with cycle count/physical inventory programs identifying discrepancies and reporting differences between the book value the physical counts.
- Identifies Fixed Assets through accounts payables transactions and ensures that they have been properly approved and assigned to an asset/project number.
- Reviews the quarterly impairment test of assets with management and Controller and adjusts fixed asset system accordingly.
- Performs additional duties assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
1 year of accounting
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Security Clearance: Not Required
Work Shift: N/A
Positions Requested: 1
Hours per week: 40