Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as this posting may close sooner if a sufficient applicant pool is received.
In this internship you will have primary responsibility for a range of activities that include a combination of (1) overseeing collection and transmission of waste manifests, (2) managing the Environmental GEMBA board that outlines critical initiatives, (3) directing the group?s records management, (4) operating the Environmental Clearinghouse to provide information to internal and external contacts, (5) and assisting in data management ranging from asset inventories to measurements supporting key performance indicators.
The successful candidate must be available for part-time employment continuing as needed with no guarantee for opportunities beyond. The role of this internship will be to oversee multiple components of Union Pacific's Environmental Services activities. This role requires a combination of analytical skills, ability to engage cross-functionally, and strategic insight to synthesize data and process it efficiently.
As an intern, you will build knowledge and experience in our core business groups and their vision, business objectives, processes, systems, and services. The intern will have extensive contact with peers and interaction with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put leadership, technical skills and business knowledge to immediate use through high value project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College credits equivalent to one year toward an undergraduate degree with preference for Environmental Science or Engineering
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience in business principles such as finance, economics, math or accounting
- Solid understanding or ability to learn UP's financial systems and databases in order to successfully accomplish desired project results
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- 18 years of age or older
- College student
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.