HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
We are looking to hire a college intern to bolster HP commitment to strengthen the growing technical workforce and provide opportunities for college student to gain critical corporate business experience while gaining productivity in helping support our engineers to free up time for greater customer engagement and issue resolution.
Customer Support Engineer focused on review, analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of customer quality and usage issues to get the customer back to productivity as quickly as possible.
This is a full-time summer internship with the Customer Solutions team for the Americas organization.
Job Description - College Interns are university students who are working at HP, Inc. during their study or in summer breaks between university semesters.
- As an intern in the CS AMS team, you will apply your education and tribal knowledge while studying under expert level engineers in the art and science of engineering analysis to determine fault criteria, root cause, and resolution of customer impacting issues.
- This may include the use of database tools, proprietary test structures, documentation, scopes, and network analysis tools as well as some software design and code manipulation.
- Several aspects of electrical, electronic, mechanical, automation, integration, and software interface engineering will be employed and expanded upon as part of this engagement.
- This position will see review and analysis of a wide variety of commercial platforms such as:
- Notebooks (ex. Elitebook 1040 G4, HP Elite x360 1040 G5)
- Mobility (ex. Elite x3)
- Desktops (ex. HP Elite Slice, HP EliteOne 1000 G2 AIO)
- Workstations (ex. HP Zbook and Z8 workstation)
- Thin Client (ex. HP t730 Thin client)
- Retail Point of Sale (ex. HP MP9, Engage One/Flex/Mobile)
In addition to these duties, you will also be involved in:
- 3rd Year of University completed--typically a technical degree specialization.
- Students currently pursuing a Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Industrial, Production, Quality, Computer Science
- Internship Period: Summer (May - August 2018) or longer
- Understanding of circuit and signal analysis as well as computer design/expected behavior of components.
- Great presentation skills (both graphically and oratorically)
- Strong team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!