Job Profile Summary
Interns will work with a designated mentor or team to gain a thorough understanding of the career field of interest to include theory and practical application of obtained knowledge. The intern will benefit from mentoring, coaching and side-by-side work with knowledgeable and experienced experts in the field. The objective is real, hands-on work assignments related to intern's major, providing them with skills vitally important in today's business environment.
Those interested in employment following an internship will be considered based on current openings, performance during internship, and proximity to graduation.
What You'll Do
The Human Resources Intern works as part of a team and performs individual tasks to lead or support research and analysis on a number of HR initiatives. This position offers an opportunity for a well-rounded participative learning experience within the HR function in a corporate setting.
- Provide analytical and administrative support for various projects within the HR Operations Department; including compensation program analysis, compliance projects and system improvements
- Coordinate special employee engagement projects, i.e., wellness
- Collect and analyze HR survey data
- Actively participate in regular departmental meetings
- Occasional set up department meetings and events
- Perform routine administrative tasks as needed and directed by HR Staff
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC policies, procedures and compliance regulations (internal and external
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel related activities such as Timesheet completion
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Ability to bring energy and self-motivation to the performance of tasks;
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite software packages and the aptitude to learn new software;
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects;
- Strong work ethic, positive, professional demeanor with the ability to work well with others;
- Willingness to learn and ask questions;
- Skill to perform work accurately and thoroughly with devotion to detail;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations;
- Ability to show consideration for and maintain good working relationships.
- A GPA of 3.2 or above; 3.0 or above for working students
- Technical skills complimentary to your field of interest
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- The capability to be highly organized and detailed
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States and maintain a security clearance.
Note: Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Vet