This role is a 10-week entry-level internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Any supplier. Any location. Every customer on Earth.
Amazon Global Logistics supports the strategic vision of Amazon by bringing worldwide cross border selection at the lowest price to our customers and helping sellers and merchants (including entrepreneurs, manufacturers, and brand owners) navigate the complexities of international trade and logistics. We innovate and design services and tools with a focus on customer, seller, and merchant experience, followed by a focus on technology and worldwide scalability. We innovate and solve problems across a broad array of international logistics fields. To help keep this flywheel spinning, we're looking for exceptional product leaders to join Amazon Global Logistics and reinvent the compliance space for our suppliers.
Amazon Global Logistics is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Product Manager Intern in our Seattle office that can manage Amazon's import ocean and air networks. As a Product Manager Intern, you will be part of a team leading Amazon Global Logistics' inbound compliance offerings. You can expect to be responsible for the operational setup and execution of the ocean and air supply chain that meets our customers' needs while satisfying performance and budget goals.
An ideal candidate has the ability to work cross functionally across different program and product teams, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, and have excellent writing skills. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges, possess a bias to get things done, and deliver results. Additionally, during your internship you will dive into Standard Work, Innovation and Continuous Improvement through an intern project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Own, deep dive for data to support a recommendation, and drive resolution for an intern project.
* Communicate operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders.
* Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross-functional teams to identify and remove systematical failures to improve the consistency and precision of AGL services.
* Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Tableau, SQL or other data management systems.
* Assist with risk management strategies to ensure the network can operate smoothly during peak periods. Identifying at-risk operations and proactively developing/executing contingency protocols to avoid service failures will be expected.
* Deliver the KPIs defined for Ocean and Air, including root cause analysis, solution design and implementation
* Work with teams that are automating trade compliance inputs and documentation processes for Amazon's suppliers
* Design flows that speed product through export and import borders on a global basis.
* Assist with supplier onboarding automation initiatives that increase adoption of Amazon's managed services
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
* The position is a corporate position and will be located in Seattle, Washington
* Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2019
* Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
* Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship