Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO we are just scratching the surface.
We are offering an Internship in the User Experience group focused upon the discipline of product design. Interns will apply their academic skills in collaboration with others from backgrounds in research, interaction design and front-end development. Additionally, Interns will be mentored upon facets of style guide and pattern library for beautiful, immersive experiences to help shape the way people use enterprise applications. Interns will have a direct impact on products that serve as the core infrastructure technology for some of the worlds top businesses, as well as contribute to a design culture within TIBCO.
**What You'll Do**
- Collaborate via Zoom with other team members to brainstorm the issue, scope the value proposition, craft the design specs into a unified experience across all of TIBCOs products
- Create engaging, easy-to-use design solutions that address complex business and user needs
- Work closely with Engineering and QA teams through development and implementation cycles
- Partner with mentor to create beautiful comps, style guides and production assets
**Who You Are**
- Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Graphic Design, HCI, or related user experience major
- Possess solid foundation of design principles, human centered design
- Must be able to communicate design process and provide examples
- Knowledge of style guides and pattern library
- Knowledge of production design
- Experience in motion graphics or coding a plus
- Pride yourself on being a self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Able to work on multiple projects with proficient time management
- Easy going with a can-do attitude
- Must provide a portfolio demonstrating both UX and visual design across mobile, desktop or cloud-based applications; deep knowledge of design principles like layout, typography, and color should be apparent
- Experience building HTML/CSS prototypes a plus