Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
LUMENS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IS A PATH FOR CAREER READINESS IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- INNOVATE to deliver solutions to real business problems
- TRANSFORM your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- CONNECT to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- IMPACT through Community & Social Involvement collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Lumens Corporate Strategy team drives market analysis and actionable insights to company executives in support of our shared mission to leverage our impressive digital infrastructure assets to create value.
The MBA Corporate Strategist Intern will be responsible for utilizing data to solve key business problems, as well as providing relevant insights to help the company make the right decisions, address key challenges, and identify new ways to achieve growth. This role offers high visibility to Lumens executive leadership. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, motivated, and an ownership-minded MBA candidate, who will support our strategic initiatives and drive value across the organization.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with colleagues on Corporate Strategy team to acquire market intelligence, distill relevant findings, and assess needs and opportunities
- Proactively study market trends relative to company position and performance through data analytics, primary/secondary research, and ongoing strategy work to drive recommendations for improved revenue generation and equity value creation
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and consultation on relative markets
- Engage with business leaders (C-Suite and Senior Leadership), financial officers, and market representatives
- Conduct research and analysis support to strategic planning and forecasting initiatives, including Corporate Strategys Market Demand Forecast; communicate strategic perspectives on key industry sectors, trends, and developments
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- Attending a 4-year accredited college or university, in pursuit of a Master Business Administration degree, graduating August 2022 June 2023.
PROFICIENCY AND UNDERSTANDING OF;
- 5+ years previous professional work experience
- Prior digital infrastructure, communications or technology experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, corporate finance or financial modeling, a plus
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong Public Speaking and presentation Skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield -CO. May consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours perweek during the 10-week program (June August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position.A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 262974
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.