START HERE, GO ANYWHERE!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SPECIFIC ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Design of IT, communications, and technology infrastructure for the built environment including structured cabling systems, local area networks, wireless/radio systems, voice systems, audiovisual systems, security systems, public address and customer information systems, airport systems, transit systems
- Report writing
- Work on projects using AutoCAD and Revit
- Give structure to ideas - lots of "taking a first pass" at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
- Work with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
- Attend meetings - listen, ask questions. Be involved in discussions with other disciplines and architects to gain knowledge & experience
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent communication skills are essential for team-based working
- Keen interest in pursuing a career in the field of IT, communications, and technology infrastructure and systems design
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Currently pursuing Master's Degree
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- EIT/ FE Certification
- Past history of technical presentations and writing, knowledge sharing with peers
- Academic research or testing with relevant focus
- Experience with: AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, or Project
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline situation
- Evidence of teamwork and leadership such as professional accomplishment or honor society
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Delta Sky Way at LAX
- USC Village
- LA Memorial Coliseum
- The Broad Museum
- LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. I ndividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com .